Friends of Lone Fir Cemetery was created in 2000 as a 501(c)(3) organization when community volunteers became concerned by an increase in vandalism. The group strives to preserve the headstones of the deceased, the greenspace they exist in, and the stories of its residents for future generations.
Friends of Lone Fir Cemetery is dedicated to education, preservation, restoration, and collaboration:
- Educating the broader public about the history and importance of Lone Fir Cemetery through tours, workshops, and special events.
- Preserving the Cemetery’s legacy and historic significance, especially in a rapidly changing city.
- Restoring and replacing headstones and other cemetery features for future generations to enjoy.
- Collaborating with other like-minded groups in pursuit of this mission.
Our 2016-17 Board of Directors
- Joel Corcoran: Board Chair; Spokesperson & Liason
Margaret Fenton: Vice-Chair; Social Media & Merchandise
E. Britt: Secretary
Crystal Contreras: Board Member at large; Site Steward
Katie McLellan: Treasurer
Linda Werts: Board Member at large; Tour Coordinator & Membership coordinator
Sign up for our email list